Taking a Taxi?
The airport terminal has its own sheltered taxi rank with taxi concierges on hand to ensure a smooth flow of taxis for travelers.
Taxi Concierges can also organise taxis with, wheelchair access, 5 seaters, station wagons for lots of baggage, and maxi taxis for groups.
From February 2006, a $2.00 Airport service fee is payable by all passengers taking a taxi from Adelaide Airport’s Terminal 1 taxi rank, this is on top of the fare.
Card types and limits:
- Cabcharge Cards – Receive authorisation if fare looks like exceeding $100. MasterCard, VisaCard – The limit is $75
- American Express – There is a limit of $100 on transactions unless prior authority has been provided
- Diners Club Card – There is a limit of $100 on transactions unless prior authority has been provided
- MotorPass and JCB Cards – The limit is $75
- Direct Debit Cards – where the amount is limited by the funds available in the customer’s account.
- SATSS Voucher, State Government subsidised taxi travel program – Government subsidy of 50% or 75% of the fare, not including additional levies, up to a maximum subsidised fare of $40.
A service fee may apply to the use of Payment Cards.
Here are some approximate fares you can expect to pay to or from Adelaide Airport. (these fares are in Australian dollars and are based on non-peak traffic conditions):
Adelaide Airport to: City $15 North Adelaide $17 Norwood $20 Elizabeth $ 50 Noarlunga $40 West Lakes $18
If you prefer to make your booking direct contact one of the following taxi companies
Adelaide Independent Taxis Phone: 13 22 11 Web: www.aitaxis.com.au Suburban Taxis Phone: 131 008 Web: www.suburbantaxis.com.au Yellow Cabs Phone: 132227 or 13CABS Web: www.yellowcabgroup.com.au Adelaide Access Taxis (wheelchair accessible & multi seaters) Phone: 1300 360 940 Web: Access Taxis
Drivers are required to accept all fares, big and small, from the airport.
If you have any suggestions, compliments or complaints about your driver or your taxi trip please: phone the Taxi Customer Feedback Line on 1300 311 108. or visit the http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Contact-us feedback page to submit comments online You will need the number plate of the taxi, or the driver’s number, the taxi company and the time and date of your journey.